Countdown to Christmas
Don't forget to visit our main "Countdown to Christmas" page here!
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Maryland residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WBFF viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WBFF (the Station), WNUV, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household. To be eligible, you can not have won any contest on WBFF or WNUV in the past 30 days from the end date of this promotion.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish.
(b) From Monday, November 26, 2012, to Monday, December 24, 2012 (the Contest Period), viewers will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time or times during the FOX45 Morning News program which airs from 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. weekdays on WBFF, channel 45. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g. first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer). The winner will select one (1) item from the available wrappedChristmas presents which shall be visible to the winner on the news set.
(c) One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
(d) A minimum of one winner will be selected each weekday during the Contest Period. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct.
(e) By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestants telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
1. A minimum of one winner will be selected each weekday during the Contest Period. Each winner will select and receive one (1) wrapped prize valued between $10 and $300. The applicable prize will be announced after the winner selects his/her prize which will be unwrapped on-air. Winners will be notified of the estimated retail value of the prize(s).
2. Winners will be notified at the time of their calls. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 business days of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. Failure to collect the prize within 10 business days will constitute forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Station. Another winner will not be selected.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the order in which telephone calls are received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 2000 West 41st Street Baltimore, MD 21211 and on the Stations website at www.FOXbaltimore.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Countdown to Christmas 2000 West 41st Street Baltimore, MD 21211 by January 11, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sinclair Communications, LLC, accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.