Purplepride Photo ContestPURPLE PRIDE RULES
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Maryland residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WBFF viewing area, and are an existing user of Facebook.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WBFF (the Station), WNUV, WUTB, Poor Boys, Ortho Maryland, Facebook, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Buddy Media, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household. To be eligible, you cannot have won any contest on WBFF or WNUV in the past 30 days from the end date of this promotion.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once per week .
(b) To enter, log onto the WBFF Facebook page at www.facebook.com/foxbaltimore, and click Like to access the Inside Fox45 contest entry page and entry form. Complete the entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, and upload a picture depicting Purple Pride in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. Pictures must be uploaded in jpeg format and cannot exceed 200 mb in size.
(c)By entering, entrants acknowledge that the picture (i) is their own, (ii) does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) may be used by Station in connection with the contest; and (iv) is subject to the Stations terms and conditions located at http://www.foxbaltimore.com/sections/station/legal/terms.shtml. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
(d) The contest starts on Monday, September 2, 2013 and ends at 5:00 p.m. EST on January 3, 2014. Entries must be received by Station by 12:00 p.m. ET on each Friday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly judging. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of Station personnel based on the following criterion: : 33% team spirit, 33% appearance, and 33% creativity. On each Friday during the Contest Period, judges will determine up to twelve (12) finalists based on the score for the criterion set forth above. The decisions of the judges shall be final.
(f)Each Monday during the Contest Period beginning Monday, September 9, 2013, the weekly qualifiers photos will be posted on the Stations Facebook page Inside Fox45 tab for voting. Voting will occur each week during the Contest Period between Monday at 10:00 a.m. ET and Thursday at 5 p.m. ET. Voting is limited to one vote per account holder per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook Likes are not considered votes. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, or any other activity that artificially inflates such finalists votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
(g) Each Friday during the Contest Period beginning September 13, 2013, one (1) weekly winner will be determined based on the qualifier with the most valid votes as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion, for a total of seventeen (17) winners. In the event of a tie, the weekly winner will be randomly selected from among the tied finalists. All decisions of the judges will be final.
(h) All entries (including pictures)received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Seventeen (17) weekly winners will each receive a $25 gift card to Poor Boys.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 10 business days or does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to the person which received the second highest number of valid votes for that particular week, as determined by the Stations judges.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WBFF, 2000 W. 41st Street, Baltimore, MD 21211 and on the Stations website at www.foxbaltimore.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WBFF, 2000 W. 41st Street, Baltimore, MD 21211 by January 31, 2014.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Poor Boys, Ortho Maryland, Facebook, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., and Buddy Media, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
7.Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.