Wheel of Fortune 30th Anniversary SweepstakesWho Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Maryland residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WBFF viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WBFF (the Station), WNUV, Amtrak, Califon Productions, Inc., Sony Pictures Television Inc., CBS Television Distribution their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one qualifier per household.
(b) From March 4, 2013 to March 8, 2013, viewers will be asked to watch the Wheel of Fortune program which airs at 7:30 P.M. on WBFF, channel 45 and take note of the solution to that nights Bonus Round puzzle. Then, the next weekday viewers will be prompted to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time or times during the FOX45 News at 5 program which airs at 5:00 P.M. on WBFF, channel 45. The first caller with the correct answer to the previous nights Bonus Round puzzle will qualify.
(c) The contest begins on March 4, 2013 and ends at 5:30 p.m. EDT on March 11, 2013. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
(d) One (1) daily qualifying winner will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited, for a total of five (5) qualifying winners. On March 12, 2013, during FOX45 News at 5p.m., one (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among all valid five qualifying winners. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct.
(e) By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestants telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
1. Five (5) qualifying winners will be selected. Each qualifying winner will receive a Wheel of Fortune prize pack consisting of various WOF merchandise, valued at $50. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a trip for two to New York City to attend a VIP party and special show taping of The Wheel of Fortune at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday, March 19, 2013. The trip package includes roundtrip Amtrak economy class passes for two (2) departing on Monday, March 18, 2013 from Baltimore to New York City and returning on Wednesday March 20, 2013, two (2) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy), two (2) passes to a Wheel of Fortune VIP party, and two (2) audience seats to a taping of Wheel of Fortune. The trip package does not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, trip cancellation insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous train fees or any other expenses. The trip must be taken by March 18, 2013, is subject to reservation, and availability. The grand prize trip package is valued at $1,200.
2. Qualifying winner(s) will be notified at the time of their calls. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winners release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a qualifying winner does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days, then the prize will be forfeited, another winner will not be selected, and the prize will remain the property of the Station. If the grand prize winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid qualifying winners.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for grand prize winners failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of qualifying depend on the number of correct entries received and the order in which telephone calls are received. Odds of winning are 1 in 5 qualifying winners.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WBFF 2000 West 41st Street, Baltimore MD 21211 and on the Stations website at www.FOXbaltimore.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Wheel of Fortune 30th Anniversary Sweepstakes winners c/o WBFF 2000 West 41st Street, Baltimore MD 21211 by April, 1, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Amtrak, and Wheel of Fortune accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.