Weather Kid Wednesday Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this featured segment, entrants must be Maryland residents who are 8 years of age or older and 15 years of age or younger and reside in the WBFF FOX45 viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WBFF FOX45 (the "Station"), affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. "Weather Kid Wednesday" required entry forms:
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants must be nominated by school teachers, principals, or other school employees.
(b) To enter, the recommendation must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or mailed BY THE ADULT MAKING THE RECOMMENDATION to: WBFF FOX45-Weather Kid Wednesday, Attn: Candace Dold, 2000 W. 41st Street, Baltimore , MD 21211. The recommendation must display the student's name, phone number, age, grade, and school and the reasons the child should be featured on our Weather Kid segment.
(c) "Weather Kid Wednesday" starts on August 26, 2009 and ends June 16, 2010.
(d) One student will be selected each week by random drawing from among valid entries.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
(f) The selected student will be notified by phone one day prior to their Wednesday appearance and given instructions to follow for the segment.
"Weather Kid Wednesday" Appearance
(a) The student and legal guardian must arrive at WBFF FOX45 News Station by 6am on the appropriate Wednesday morning. The guardian must sign a release form allowing WBFF FOX45 to use the child's image on television.
(b) The child will be featured two times during the 6 o'clock hour. At 6:30am , the child will be introduced on-air by Meteorologist Steve Fertig. The child will then present as much of the full weather forecast as they like at 6:40am . Steve Fertig will be on air with the student for support or to take over at any given time.
(c) The child will receive a tape of their appearance after their featured segment.
(d) If time allows, the child will be given a tour of the news station.
Odds of Selection/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid recommendations received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at FOX45 2000 West 41 st St. Baltimore , MD 21211 and on the Station's website at www.FOXbaltimore.com .
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Communications, LLC, accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. FOX45 News cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. The station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the appearance.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the appearance.
8. In agreeing to appear on WBFF FOX45's "Weather Kid Wednesday", you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.