- Governor Hogan: Baltimore City Families Deserve Peace & Safety
- City-Wide Curfew of 10PM-5AM Starts Tuesday in Baltimore
- Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake and Family of Freddie Gray Speak
- The Latest: Large Crowds Expected for Freddie Gray Protest
- Baltimore Mayor Wants Answers in Freddie Gray's Death [4/24]
- Baltimore Police Commissioner Batts Discusses Reaction, Reform Surrounding Freddie Gray's Death
- Baltimore Police Presser on Arrest Leading to Freddie Gray's Death [4/20]
- Baltimore Hospital Says Man Injured in Police Encounter Dies [4/19]
- Baltimore Co Exec Kevin Kamenetz: State of the County is Strong
- Governor Hogan Signs 121 Bills Into Law
- Anne Arundel County Police ID Officer Shot on Friday
- Lauren Hill Dies After Fighting Tumor to Play College Hoops
- Baltimore City Surveillance Technology Press Conference
- With 10 Picks, Ravens Might Treat NFL Draft as Swap-Meet
- Police: Utility Records Sought in Poisoning of Family of 8
- Kentucky's Rand Paul: 'I Am Running for President'
- White House: US to Slow Troop Withdrawal From Afghanistan
- Cruz Kicks off Presidential Campaign at Christian College
- Maryland Governor Backs 'Second Chance Act'
- FOX45 Interviews Terry Virts From the ISS
- Israeli Leader Thanks US, Obama for Aid, Warns About Iran
- Netanyahu Tells AIPAC World Must Not let Iran Go Nuclear
- Veteran Democratic Sen. Mikulski Won't Seek Re-Election
- Ravens' Steve Bisciotti Names 2014 "Worst Year as an Owner"
- Governor Larry Hogan One-On-One Interview with FOX 45â€™s Kai Jackson
- Governor Larry Hogan Delivers State of the State
- 911 Calls in Icy Pond Rescue Released
- Childs Point Fire 911 Calls Released
- 'Active Fire' Burning at Annapolis Mansion 1 Day Later, 6 Still Missing
- FOX45 News Interviews Tawanda Jones
- City Mayor, FOP, Police Speak on NYPD Shootings (Pt 1)
- City Mayor, FOP, Police, NAACP Speak on NYPD Shootings (Pt 2)
- Michael Phelps Pleads Guilty to DUI
- Released From Cuba, Alan Gross Says Freedom is Not Free
- Obama: US Re-Establishing Relations With Cuba
- 19-Year-Old 'Violent Repeat Offender' Charged With City Officer Shooting
- Baltimore City Officer Shot Sunday Night Near Mondawmin Mall
- Charges Dropped, Lawsuit Filed Against BPD [FULL CELL PHONE VIDEO]
- Marvin 'Doc' Cheatham Weighs in on Baltimore's Tuesday Night Protest
- Missouri Governor: More National Guard in Ferguson
- Brown's Attorneys Criticize Grand Jury, Prosecutor
- Grand Jury Decides Officer Wilson Will Not Be Indicted
- Obama Appeals for Calm after Ferguson Decision
- Ferguson Crowd Erupts in Anger at No Indictment
- Doctors: Ebola Case Was Too Advanced
- City Fire Safety Officer Found Deceased in E Baltimore Dwelling [FIRE DEPT PRESSER]
- Woman Abducted in PA Found Alive in MD
- Larry Hogan Wins Race for Governor (Full Victory Speech)
- Brown Loses Race to Hogan (Full Speech)
- Hillary Clinton Speaks at Campaign Event for Anthony Brown [FULL PRESSER]
Deadly Weekend in Baltimore Claims Eight Lives
Updated: Friday, August 2 2013, 10:18 PM EDT
The first weekend of summer turned into a deadly one in Baltimore City. A total of 20 people were shot, and eight have died – though that number could still grow as several victims remain hospitalized.
The spate of violence has some questioning the job the city's new police commissioner is doing.
Outraged over this past weekend's violence and the number of lives lost, Councilman Brandon Scott has demanded there be an oversight hearing.
This afternoon FOX45 spoke with Police Commissioner Anthony Batts – a few doors down from where a teenager was shot and killed this weekend.
"We're having an unusual high spike this weekend," Batts said. "We will respond…the violence level…is unacceptable for us."
The department has increased patrols in areas identified as hot spots.