- White House: US to Slow Troop Withdrawal From Afghanistan
- Cruz Kicks off Presidential Campaign at Christian College
- Maryland Governor Backs 'Second Chance Act'
- FOX45 Interviews Terry Virts From the ISS
- Israeli Leader Thanks US, Obama for Aid, Warns About Iran
- Netanyahu Tells AIPAC World Must Not let Iran Go Nuclear
- Veteran Democratic Sen. Mikulski Won't Seek Re-Election
- Ravens' Steve Bisciotti Names 2014 "Worst Year as an Owner"
- Governor Larry Hogan One-On-One Interview with FOX 45â€™s Kai Jackson
- Governor Larry Hogan Delivers State of the State
- 911 Calls in Icy Pond Rescue Released
- Childs Point Fire 911 Calls Released
- 'Active Fire' Burning at Annapolis Mansion 1 Day Later, 6 Still Missing
- FOX45 News Interviews Tawanda Jones
- City Mayor, FOP, Police Speak on NYPD Shootings (Pt 1)
- City Mayor, FOP, Police, NAACP Speak on NYPD Shootings (Pt 2)
- Michael Phelps Pleads Guilty to DUI
- Released From Cuba, Alan Gross Says Freedom is Not Free
- Obama: US Re-Establishing Relations With Cuba
- 19-Year-Old 'Violent Repeat Offender' Charged With City Officer Shooting
- Baltimore City Officer Shot Sunday Night Near Mondawmin Mall
- Charges Dropped, Lawsuit Filed Against BPD [FULL CELL PHONE VIDEO]
- Marvin 'Doc' Cheatham Weighs in on Baltimore's Tuesday Night Protest
- Missouri Governor: More National Guard in Ferguson
- Brown's Attorneys Criticize Grand Jury, Prosecutor
- Grand Jury Decides Officer Wilson Will Not Be Indicted
- Obama Appeals for Calm after Ferguson Decision
- Ferguson Crowd Erupts in Anger at No Indictment
- Doctors: Ebola Case Was Too Advanced
- City Fire Safety Officer Found Deceased in E Baltimore Dwelling [FIRE DEPT PRESSER]
- Woman Abducted in PA Found Alive in MD
- Larry Hogan Wins Race for Governor (Full Victory Speech)
- Brown Loses Race to Hogan (Full Speech)
- Hillary Clinton Speaks at Campaign Event for Anthony Brown [FULL PRESSER]
- University of Maryland Medical Center Monitoring 'Potential' Ebola Patient [FULL PRESSER]
- Maryland Officials Outline Ebola-Monitoring Plan [FULL PRESSER]
- Father Speaks Out on Slain MTA Driverâ€™s Murder Investigation
- NIH: Ebola Patient 'Resting Comfortably' After Trip from Dallas [FULL PRESSER]
- Maryland Officials Discuss Ebola Preparedness [FULL PRESSER]
- FULL VIDEO: Crowd Cheers as 51-Year-Old Attacked on Baltimore Subway
- MD Gubernatorial Candidates Hold 2nd Debate
- Police Commissioner Seeks US Probe of Department
- SURVEILLANCE FOOTAGE: City Cop Storms into Apt Before Alleged Domestic Assault
- POLICE PRESSER: Arrest in 2013 Homicide
- Another Violent City Arrest Under Investigation
- Ravens Respond to ESPN Report on Ray Rice Case
- Police Commissioner on Violent Arrest: 'Nothing I Saw on That Video is Defensible'
- Baltimore Police Officer Being Sued After Violent Arrest [VIDEO]
- Obama: US to Expand Islamic State Strikes to Syria
- Coach Harbaugh Speaks on Ray Rice Decision
Radio Interview: Mother of Columbia Mall Shooter Speaks Out, Describes Son as 'Gentle, Sweet Kid'
Updated: Monday, January 27 2014, 04:14 PM EST
The mother of the Columbia Mall shooter spoke to 99.1 WNEW-FM saying, "I don't know what happened, I really don't."
19-year-old Darion Marcus Aguilar entered the Mall in Columbia in a cab at around 10:15 a.m. on Saturday morning and about an hour later entered the Zumiez store on the mall's upper level where he shot and killed 21-year-old Brianna Benlolo and 25-year-old Tyler Johnson before turning the gun on himself.
His mother told the radio station that Darion was a gentle person, who turned vegetarian after watching a PETA movie and did not want to kill any more animals. She said he had never expressed any interest in guns.
"If you were to go in his room you would see what a gentle sweet kid he was," the mother, whose name was withheld, said. "You can talk to any of his friends and find out what a gentle person he was he never had a gun before, never been interested in guns"
Investigators spent Saturday night and Sunday morning seizing documents and a computer from Aguilar's home in College Park. Police say a journal was found and that Aguilar "expresses some general unhappiness with his life."
Aguilar had no criminal history as an adult and police are trying to piece together a possible motive. Police say Aguilar used a Mossberg 12-gauge shotgun in the killings, firing approximately 6-8 rounds. Aguilar purchased the shotgun in December in Montgomery County.
Aguilar was reported missing by his mother on Saturday afternoon and PG County police were called to Aguilar's house around 1:40pm Saturday, hours after the shooting had taken place. Investigators tracked his cell phone to the Columbia area and notified Howard County police.
The mall re-opened on Monday at 1PM, though the Zumiez store remained closed.
[Interview credit: All News 99.1 FM WNEW]