- Ravens Vets Report
- Belichick says Brady suspension won't alter camp
- Tom Brady on NFL's decision to uphold suspension: 'I did nothing wrong'
- Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- O's Snap Losing Streak
- USMNT Loses Third-Place Game
- Kershaw Continues Historic Stretch
- O's Swept in New York
- Zach Johnson Wins The Open Championship in Playoff
- Dempsey's 3 goals lift US over Cuba 6-0, into Gold Cup semis
- Weather Gets the Britiish Open Again
- Martinez hits 26th homer, Tigers beat Orioles 7-3
- Watson crosses Swilcan Bridge for final time
- Dustin Johnson still in control at St. Andrews
- Johnson Leads the Open Championship
- Banowsky stepping down was C-USA commissioner after 13 years
- Coppin State's Epps to Pan-Am Games
- Orioles LHP Wesley Wright designated for assignment
- All-Star Starting Pitchers Announced
- Maryland's Trimble Named to U.S. Pan Am Team
- Scherzer allows 4 hits as Nationals beat Orioles 3-2
- Djkokovic beats Federer in 4 sets for 3rd Wimbledon title
- Harper, Espinosa HRs carry Nationals over Orioles 7-4
- Williams wins Wimbledon to secure another Serena Slam
- Schoop's 9th-inning HR carries Orioles past Nationals 3-2
- Cowboys' Hardy gets suspension reduced from 10 games to 4
- NYC celebrates Women's World Cup winners with parade
- Goodell says Tom Brady appeal decision soon
- Former Raider QB Kenny Stabler Passes Away
- Williams beats Sharapova in 2 sets to reach Wimbledon final
- DJ Stewart Settling In with Ironbirds
- Rory McIlroy pulls out of British Open
- Four Orioles Selected to All-Star Game
- Lloyd scores 3 and US defeats Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- USA Up 4-0 On Japan Just 16 Minutes In
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox
- Orioles activate second baseman Jonathan Schoop
- Boston's David Ortiz starting at 1st base
- Bud Norris Demoted To O's Bullpen
- Matt Stonie beats Joey Chestnut to win Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Danks, Abreu lead White Sox over Orioles 1-0
- Bubba Watson to remove Confederate flag from 'General Lee'
- Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0
- D.J. Stewart Makes Professional Debut
- Chargers Tight End Antonio Gates Suspended 4 Games
- Cowboys' McClain suspended 1st 4 games of regular season
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi
- O's DFA Young; Recall Wilson
- D.J. Stewart to Debut Thursday
- Navy Football No Longer Independent
Alex Gordon hits pair of 3-run HRs in Royals' win vs. Orioles
Updated: Monday, May 19 2014, 02:02 PM EDT
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Alex Gordon went 4 for 4 with a pair of three-run homers and a career-high six RBIs as the Kansas City Royals beat the Baltimore Orioles 8-6 on Sunday.
Gordon drove a 1-1 pitch from Ubaldo Jimenez (2-5) out to right with two outs in the fifth with Nori Aoki and Billy Butler aboard. Gordon, who led the Royals with 20 home runs last year, had gone 134 at-bats without a home run.
Gordon homered in his next at-bat, a three-run shot off left-hander Troy Patton in the seventh after Eric Hosmer walked and Butler doubled for his third hit.
It was Gordon's third career multi-homer game. His six RBIs matched a Royals' season high. His four hits matched a career high, the 10th time he has accomplished that.
Adam Jones hit a three-run homer off Royals reliever Aaron Crow in the ninth. It was the first runs Crow allowed in 20 relief appearances and 17 innings.
Greg Holland got the final two outs for his 12th save in 13 appearances.
James Shields (6-3) picked up his fifth win in six starts, holding the Orioles to three runs and nine hits over seven innings. Shields won back-to-back starts at Kauffman Stadium for the first time.
Shields settled down after a three-run third when he gave up five hits, including four straight to open the inning.
Jimenez, who was 2-0 with a 0.46 ERA in his first three May starts, was pulled after five innings. He permitted five runs on eight hits with one walk and seven strikeouts.
Nick Markakis singled home J.J. Hardy, who had three hits, and David Lough in the Orioles' third. Manny Machado, who had three hits, had a sacrifice fly in the third to score Jonathan Schoop for the other run off Shields.
Butler singled home Aoki with two outs in the first for the first Kansas City run. Lorenzo Cain's single in the fourth scored Gordon with the other Royals' run.