- Joseph, Machado HRs help Orioles defeat Tigers 6-2
- Ravens Add Pads In Third Day Of Training Camp
- Parra Makes His O's Debut
- Jones, Machado HRs rally Orioles past Tigers 8-7
- O's Trade Tommy Hunter to Cubs
- Orioles agree to get Parra from Brewers for minor leaguer
- O's Winning Streak Halted Despite Rally
- 'Cheaters look up' banner flown above Patriots training camp
- Day One Of Ravens Training Camp
- Ravens Vets Report
- Belichick says Brady suspension won't alter camp
- Tom Brady on NFL's decision to uphold suspension: 'I did nothing wrong'
- Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- O's Snap Losing Streak
- USMNT Loses Third-Place Game
- Kershaw Continues Historic Stretch
- O's Swept in New York
- Zach Johnson Wins The Open Championship in Playoff
- Dempsey's 3 goals lift US over Cuba 6-0, into Gold Cup semis
- Weather Gets the Britiish Open Again
- Martinez hits 26th homer, Tigers beat Orioles 7-3
- Watson crosses Swilcan Bridge for final time
- Dustin Johnson still in control at St. Andrews
- Johnson Leads the Open Championship
- Banowsky stepping down was C-USA commissioner after 13 years
- Coppin State's Epps to Pan-Am Games
- Orioles LHP Wesley Wright designated for assignment
- All-Star Starting Pitchers Announced
- Maryland's Trimble Named to U.S. Pan Am Team
- Scherzer allows 4 hits as Nationals beat Orioles 3-2
- Djkokovic beats Federer in 4 sets for 3rd Wimbledon title
- Harper, Espinosa HRs carry Nationals over Orioles 7-4
- Williams wins Wimbledon to secure another Serena Slam
- Schoop's 9th-inning HR carries Orioles past Nationals 3-2
- Cowboys' Hardy gets suspension reduced from 10 games to 4
- NYC celebrates Women's World Cup winners with parade
- Goodell says Tom Brady appeal decision soon
- Former Raider QB Kenny Stabler Passes Away
- Williams beats Sharapova in 2 sets to reach Wimbledon final
- DJ Stewart Settling In with Ironbirds
- Rory McIlroy pulls out of British Open
- Four Orioles Selected to All-Star Game
- Lloyd scores 3 and US defeats Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- USA Up 4-0 On Japan Just 16 Minutes In
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox
- Orioles activate second baseman Jonathan Schoop
- Boston's David Ortiz starting at 1st base
- Bud Norris Demoted To O's Bullpen
- Matt Stonie beats Joey Chestnut to win Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Danks, Abreu lead White Sox over Orioles 1-0
Baltimore Ravens RB Ray Rice Answers Questions, Apologizes for Domestic Violence Incident
Updated: Thursday, July 31 2014, 04:49 PM EDT
Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice held a press conference Thursday afternoon and - for the first time - answered questions from the media about the incident that left him with an assault charge.
Rice started out by saying, "My actions that night were totally inexcusable...that night I just play over and over in my head. That's not me."
He added, "Last time I didn't publicly apologize to my wife...the one thing I wanted to do today is apologize to my wife."
The running back stressed that his apology also went out to "anybody who's been through any sort of domestic violence...Violence of any kind...is just not right...shouldn't be tolerated."
Last week the NFL announced it would suspend Ray Rice for the first two games of the season without pay and fine him $58,000. NFL Commissioner Rodger Goodell said Rice violated the league's personal conduct policy for his February arrest when he and his then-fiance Janay Palmer were arrested for fighting in Atlantic City.
At Thursday's press conference Rice said the NFL punishment hurts "but it hurts more that I'm a father and have to explain what happened to my daughter."
Video obtained by TMZ sports showed the Ravens star dragging Janay, motionless, out of an elevator at the Revel Casino. Rice and Palmer were married one day after Rice was indicted by a grand jury on third-degree aggravated assault.
On Thursday Rice would not give any details on what happened inside the elevator on the night in question, saying he "will not go backwards."
In May Rice entered a not-guilty plea. He was accepted into the Pre-Trial intervention program; if he successfully completes the program it would result in the charge against him being dropped and his record expunged.
After the suspension was announced Thursday Rice said, "It is disappointing that I will not be with my teammates for the first two games of the season, but that's my fault...As I said earlier, I failed in many ways. But Janay and I have learned from this. We have become better as a couple and as parents."