- Jones leaves game, O's fail to split
- BIRDS BOUNCE BACK
- Next Man Up
- O's blow lead, lose 5th straight
- Patriots sign Reggie Wayne
- Yankees starter possibly done for year
- Orioles make four roster moved ahead of season opener
- Taliaferro Sprains MCL
- Eagles, NFL disagree over hit on Sam Bradford's knees
- Tiger back at the top
- Skins QB Griffin leaves with stinger, possible head injury
- Urrutia HR in 9th inning gives Orioles 5-4 win over Mets
- Ravens End First Practice in Philly
- 'Deflategate' judge says Brady suspension in jeopardy
- Orioles use 26-hit attack to beat Athletics 18-2
- Davis Crushes Again, O's Walkoff Winners
- Manager Farrell visits team Saturday morning
- Storm suspends 2nd-round play at PGA
- University of Maryland assistant resigns after allegation
- Flacco sharp, Brees absent as Ravens beat Saints 30-27
- Ravens Lead Saints at Halftime, 20-14
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Seattle's Hisashi Iwakuma has no-hitter through 8 innings
- Baltimore Ravens face New Orleans Saints in preseason opener
- NFL reviewing Jets' locker room punch of quarterback Smith
- Talks continue after 'Deflategate' hearing
- Michael Phelps back on top as focus turns to Rio Olympics
- Under Armour to sponsor NBA's draft combine
- Ravens WR Steve Smith Sr. to retire at end of 2015 season
- Murphy drives in 4 runs in Angels' 5-4 win over O's in 11
- Frank Gifford Dies
- Urban Out with Torn Biceps for the Ravens
- Joint practice ends after Redskins, Texans start brawling
- Orioles Recall Lake; DFA Snider
- South Dakota tribe returning $25,000 donation from Redskins
- Webb Tells Teams to 'Bring It'
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel: 'Football is my life'
- Harbaugh: 'We knew nothing about deflated footballs'
- Ravens safety Matt Elam out for season with biceps tear
- Ravens' Harbaugh concerned about injury to safety Matt Elam
- Ravens TE Crockett Gillmore 1-on-1 with Morgan Adsit
- Ravens Waiting on Elam's MRI Results
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1
- Rousey crushes Correia to defend her title at UFC 190
- Joseph, Machado HRs help Orioles defeat Tigers 6-2
- Ravens Add Pads In Third Day Of Training Camp
- Parra Makes His O's Debut
- Jones, Machado HRs rally Orioles past Tigers 8-7
- O's Trade Tommy Hunter to Cubs
- Orioles agree to get Parra from Brewers for minor leaguer
Chen leads Orioles past Mariners 2-1
Updated: Friday, August 1 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
BALTIMORE -- Wei-Yin Chen won his fifth consecutive start and had a season-high eight strikeouts to lead the Baltimore Orioles to a 2-1 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Friday night.
Chen (12-3) allowed one run and five hits with one walk over 7 1/3 innings. Andrew Miller, acquired from Boston on Thursday, pitched a scoreless eighth in his debut for the Orioles (61-47). Left-hander Zach Britton picked up his 22nd save.
Robinson Cano had two hits for the Mariners and is 115 for 317 (.363) lifetime at Camden Yards.
Mariners left-hander Roenis Elias (8-9) allowed two runs and seven hits with seven strikeouts and one walk over 5 2/3 innings. It was his longest outing since June 28 against Cleveland.
The Orioles took a 1-0 lead on Machado's single in the third. The Mariners answered the next inning on a double by Kendrys Morales that scored Cano when Orioles catcher Caleb Joseph could not hold onto a relay throw by J.J. Hardy. That snapped a streak of 11 consecutive scoreless innings by Chen against Seattle.
In the sixth, Machado led off with a double and Hardy drove him in with a two-out single for a 2-1 lead.
Seattle fell to 5-37 when trailing after seven innings.