- Notre Dame races by Wichita State 81-70 for Elite Eight spot
- Top-seeded Wisconsin hangs to beat North Carolina 79-72
- Former Comets Player Charged With Assault Over Head-butt
- Cabrera, Martinez and Cespedes homer for Tigers in win
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Aaron Hernandez trial resumes after courthouse bomb threat
- Norris strong for Blue Jays in 5-2 win over Orioles
- NFL: Change to Ineligible Receivers Outside Tackle Box
- Brown, Frese Earn WBCA Honors
- Prep Player of the Week - David Eisenhauer
- Maryland women advance to Sweet 16
- Williams Has 16, WVU Pounds Boards To Beat Maryland, 69-59
- Unbeaten Princeton Faces Stiff Test Vs Top-Seeded Maryland
- Two-Time MVP Steve Nash Announces Retirement From NBA
- Wieters Could Start Season on Disabled List
- Ravens RB Bernard Pierce Arrested for DUI in Towson & Released by Ravens
- Ravens Re-Sign DL Lawrence Guy
- Orioles Catcher Matt Wieters Bothered by Elbow Tendinitis
- Baltimore Ravens Re-Sign Chris Canty
- Wizards nearly blow 25-point lead
- Maryland women get No. 1 seed
- Maryland Gets 4 Seed and Heads To The Midwest in NCAA Tournament
- Duke earns top seed in South Regional, opens in Charlotte
- No. 1 Kentucky (34-0) beats No. 21 Arkansas for SEC tourney title
- Trice has 20 points, Michigan State tops No. 8 Maryland
- Ravens Sign Safety Kendrick Lewis
- Karns pitches 4 perfect innings as Rays beat Orioles 3-2
- Wells scores 22, No. 8 Maryland squeezes by Indiana 75-69
- Darian Stewart agrees to terms with Broncos
- Steelers, Roethlisberger agree on contract extension
- McFadden set to join Cowboys after Murray bolts for Eagles
- Woods to miss Bay Hill
- Short-handed Grizzlies no match for Wizards
- Former Oriole powers Cards past O's
- Ravens re-sign Forsett
- NASCAR reinstates Kurt Busch; grants him waiver for Chase
- Free agent Steelers LB Worilds tweets he's quitting NFL
- Ravens trade defensive tackle Haloti Ngata to Lions
- AP Source: WR Torrey Smith, 49ers Agree on 5-Year Deal
- Boys Basketball Regional Finals Results and Schedule
- Wizards blow out Hornets
- Pernell McPhee Leaving Baltimore Ravens for Chicago Bears
- No. 10 Maryland wins 7th game in row, 64-61 over Nebraska
- Torrey Smith Tweets and Blogs He's Leaving The Ravens
- No. 4 Maryland beats Ohio State 77-74 in Big Ten final
- William & Mary tops Hofstra 92-91 in 2 OT to reach CAA final
- Agent: Bills, McCoy agree to new $40 million contract
- Mauer, Escobar lead Twins over Orioles
- No. 4 Maryland downs No. 24 Northwestern 74-63 in semifinals
- No. 1 Wildcats aim to cap perfect regular season vs. Florida
Chris Davis granted grand slam after review as Orioles handle Rays
Updated: Wednesday, June 18 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Chris Davis hit a replay-delayed grand slam and the Baltimore Orioles beat the Tampa Bay Rays 7-5 on Tuesday night.
Davis was awarded a slam off Erik Bedard (3-5) during a five-run third-inning after a video review showed his drive struck the foul pole. He reached second base on an opposite-field shot down the left-field line. The review that lasted 1 minute, 18 seconds revealed the ball hit the pole a few feet above the wall, and Davis was given a home run.
The Orioles also got a two-run homer from Steve Pearce.
Sean Rodriguez and Desmond Jennings homered for Tampa Bay, which is 5-16 in its last 21 games.
The Rays pulled within 5-2 in the bottom of the third when Rodriguez and Jennings hit consecutive solo homers off Miguel Gonzalez (4-4). Jennings has four homers in 22 at-bats against the Baltimore right-hander.
Tampa Bay made it 5-4 on James Loney's two-run double during the fifth.
Baltimore went ahead 7-4 on Pearce's two-run drive in the seventh. Tampa Bay got one run back on Yunel Escobar's eighth-inning sacrifice fly.
Gonzalez, activated from the 15-day disabled list before the game, allowed four runs and eight hits in five innings. He had been out since May 31 due to a strained right oblique.
Zach Britton pitched the ninth for his eighth save.
Bedard gave up five runs and four hits over four-plus innings.