- Machado gets first start at shortstop
- Ravens cut eight players
- Holland Ks 11 for Texas in 6-0 win over O's for 3-game sweep
- Tokyo wins Little League title, beating Lewisberry 19-11
- Ravens DL Brandon Williams 1-on-1
- With RG3 out, Redskins use 2 QBs to beat Ravens 31-13
- Falcons announce 5-year contract extension for Julio Jones
- Redskins' Trent Williams tweets he's agreed to new contract
- Hamels strikes out 10, Rangers beat Orioles
- Redskins say QB Griffin to miss Ravens game
- LSU's Cameron treated for cancer, continuing job
- Beckman denies Illinois probe's findings, hints at lawsuit
- Jones leaves game, O's fail to split
- BIRDS BOUNCE BACK
- Next Man Up
- O's blow lead, lose 5th straight
- Patriots sign Reggie Wayne
- Yankees starter possibly done for year
- Orioles make four roster moved ahead of season opener
- Taliaferro Sprains MCL
- Eagles, NFL disagree over hit on Sam Bradford's knees
- Tiger back at the top
- Skins QB Griffin leaves with stinger, possible head injury
- Urrutia HR in 9th inning gives Orioles 5-4 win over Mets
- Ravens End First Practice in Philly
- 'Deflategate' judge says Brady suspension in jeopardy
- Orioles use 26-hit attack to beat Athletics 18-2
- Davis Crushes Again, O's Walkoff Winners
- Manager Farrell visits team Saturday morning
- Storm suspends 2nd-round play at PGA
- University of Maryland assistant resigns after allegation
- Flacco sharp, Brees absent as Ravens beat Saints 30-27
- Ravens Lead Saints at Halftime, 20-14
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Seattle's Hisashi Iwakuma has no-hitter through 8 innings
- Baltimore Ravens face New Orleans Saints in preseason opener
- NFL reviewing Jets' locker room punch of quarterback Smith
- Talks continue after 'Deflategate' hearing
- Michael Phelps back on top as focus turns to Rio Olympics
- Under Armour to sponsor NBA's draft combine
- Ravens WR Steve Smith Sr. to retire at end of 2015 season
- Murphy drives in 4 runs in Angels' 5-4 win over O's in 11
- Frank Gifford Dies
- Urban Out with Torn Biceps for the Ravens
- Joint practice ends after Redskins, Texans start brawling
- Orioles Recall Lake; DFA Snider
- South Dakota tribe returning $25,000 donation from Redskins
- Webb Tells Teams to 'Bring It'
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel: 'Football is my life'
- Harbaugh: 'We knew nothing about deflated footballs'
Coppin State men’s basketball to begin 2014-15 season at Oregon
Updated: Wednesday, July 16 2014, 07:59 PM EDT
BALTIMORE – The Michael Grant era will begin at the University of Oregon on Friday, November 14 when he leads the Coppin State men’s basketball program into Matthew Knight Arena for its 2014-15 season opening contest.
The game time has not been announced yet.
This will be the Eagles’ second trip in as many years to the state of Oregon. Coppin State defeated Oregon State, 78-73, last year. The opener against Oregon will also be the second straight season, the Eagles will start against a Pac-12 opponent.
The Eagles will be different when they hit the floor to begin the season. Coppin State hired Grant from Division II Stillman College. Coppin State, which won 12 games last season and advanced to the MEAC semifinals has 11 players returning.
Senior guard Taariq Cephas, senior forward Dallas Gary, senior guard Daquan Brickhouse, senior forward Arnold Fripp, senior forward Brandon St. Louis, and junior guard Sterling Smith are among the top returning players for the Eagles this season. Cephas, who averaged 9.4 points per game, finished third in the MEAC in assists per game (4.1). Smith is the Eagles leading returning scorer (10.9 ppg.). He also led the Eagles with 60 3-pointers.
Meanwhile, Oregon enjoyed a strong 2013-14 season, posting an overall record of 24-10 which included a 10-8 mark in league play. The Ducks advanced to the NCAA tournament for the second consecutive year, which was the fourth time in Oregon men’s basketball history that occurred. The Ducks defeated BYU in the second round before falling to Wisconsin in the third round.
Oregon will be led by senior Joseph Young, who averaged 18 points per game last season. The Ducks led the Pac-12 in scoring with 81.9 points per game in 2013-14. Oregon was ninth in the conference in scoring defense. Other key returnees for the Ducks include seniors Elgin Cook and Jalil Abdul-Bassit.
Overall, Coppin State’s 13-game non-conference schedule features opponents from the Pac 12, Big 10, American, ACC, CAA, MAC, and OVC.
The remainder of the schedule along with a huge road date against one of men’s basketball’s elite programs will be released at a later date.