- Lloyd scores 3 and US defeats Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- USA Up 4-0 On Japan Just 16 Minutes In
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox
- Orioles activate second baseman Jonathan Schoop
- Boston's David Ortiz starting at 1st base
- Bud Norris Demoted To O's Bullpen
- Matt Stonie beats Joey Chestnut to win Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Danks, Abreu lead White Sox over Orioles 1-0
- Bubba Watson to remove Confederate flag from 'General Lee'
- Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0
- D.J. Stewart Makes Professional Debut
- Chargers Tight End Antonio Gates Suspended 4 Games
- Cowboys' McClain suspended 1st 4 games of regular season
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi
- O's DFA Young; Recall Wilson
- D.J. Stewart to Debut Thursday
- Navy Football No Longer Independent
- Former Raven Damion Cook dies of heart attack
- AP source: Phillies hire MacPhail as team president
- Orioles hit 3 HRs and beat Indians 8-0 for sweep
- LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent
- Jimenez sharp for 8 innings as Orioles beat Indians 4-0
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals
- Scherzer working on 2nd straight no-hitter, perfect thru 5
- Ryne Sandberg resigns as Philadelphia Phillies manager
- Mayweather-Pacquiao boosts casino winnings above $1 billion
- T'Wolves Select Karl-Anthony Towns With First Pick
- Orioles Win Another Series
- O's Gonzalez Reinstated From Disabled List
- Virginia wins 1st CWS title in 4-2 win over Vanderbilt
- Japan Beats the Netherlands to Reach World Cup Quarterfinal
- Scherzer Loses Perfect Game in 9th, No Hits Pirates
- O's Score 3 in the 9th, Even Series
- O's Almost No-Hit, Rally Falls Short
- A-Rod Homers for 3,000th Hit
- Jason Day Collapses During U.S. Open
- The "Big 33" Football Classic
- Phillies End 9-Game Slide, Beat O's
- Ravens to stay on West Coast after facing Broncos, 49ers
- Ravens Offensive Line Stays The Same
- Obama phones coaches of Warriors, Blackhawks with congrats
- The Latest: Warriors' Iguodala voted MVP of NBA Finals
- Chen Tosses 8 Scoreless in Win
- Hornets Trade Stephenson to Clippers
- Eight Royals Could Start in All-Star Game
- Report: Nuggets Hire Mike Malone
- Padres Fire Bud Black
- Bad 5th Inning Snaps O's Win Streak
- A-Rod Enters Rare 2,000 RBI Club
- Machado HR, 4 RBIs carry Orioles to 9-4 win over Yankees
Dallas Cowboys LB McClain Convicted in Alabama
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 02:05 PM EDT
DECATUR, Ala. (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain has been convicted of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct in his hometown in Alabama.
A city court judge in Decatur convicted McClain on the misdemeanor counts during a non-jury trial Friday.
McClain appealed immediately to state court.
The 25-year-old was accused of yelling an obscenity at police trying to arrest him during a disturbance in a crowded city park in 2013.
The former Alabama Crimson Tide star maintained his innocence. He's been arrested three times in Decatur since 2011.
McClain tried to delay the trial so he could attend the start of NFL training camp this week, but a judge refused.
The Cowboys acquired the rights to McClain from Baltimore on July 1. He was the eighth overall pick by Oakland in 2010 but hasn't played since 2012.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.