- Chris Davis' 2-run homer helps Orioles defeat Red Sox 4-1
- Orioles 2B Schoop goes on 15-day DL with sprained right knee
- Fox hires Pete Rose as special guest analyst
- Ex-NFL Player Aaron Hernandez Convicted of 1st-Degree Murder
- Orioles 3B Manny Machado to Host 2nd Annual Celebrity Bowling Tournament
- Orioles Minor-Leaguer Sues Johns Hopkins, Alleging 'Negligent Medical Care'
- Bautista breaks slump, gets 3 hits as Blue Jays beat Orioles
- Coach pays tribute to basketball player who played despite brain tumor
- Jordan Spieth's 130 breaks Floyd's 36-hole record at Masters
- Spieth's Historic Round at Augusta
- Orioles trade Ryan Webb
- Baltimore Ravens Announce Preseason Schedule
- Layman To Return To Maryland For Senior Season
- Bearing down: Jack Nicklaus makes hole-in-one at Par-3
- Ravens Might Go WR Due To Need
- With 10 Picks, Ravens Might Treat NFL Draft as Swap-Meet
- Orioles Hold On After 4-Run 1st, Beat Rays 6-5
- Orioles Slugger Davis Set to Return Tuesday From Suspension
- 6-Month Suspension Over for Michael Phelps
- Orioles open season with Hardy and Wieters on disabled list
- Kentucky's Andrew Harrison tweets apology for muttering obscenity, slur at news conference
- Stults, Braves Beat Orioles 5-3 to Wrap Up Spring Training
- Blue Devils' Okafor Settles In Early In Final Four Victory
- Wall Sets Career High in Assists, Wizards Top Knicks
- Jimenez, O's Beat Braves
- Tiger Woods to return at the Masters
- Hamilton won't be disciplined for violating program
- Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky chosen AP Player of the Year
- Kentucky's John Calipari chosen AP Coach of the Year
- Caps Beat Habs in Shootout
- Chen Solid in Final Spring Start
- Maryland Guard Trimble to Return for Sophomore Season
- JHU Lacrosse Trying Its Best To Move Forward On The Field
- Melo Trimble Will Return to Maryland
- Baltimore Ravens Sign QB Matt Schaub
- Orioles: Chris Tillman 2015 Opening Day Starter
- Hardy to the DL, O's-Rays tie
- Freshmen-led Duke pounds Gonzaga to earn Coach K's 12th Final Four
- Spartans Final Four-bound after overtime win over Louisville
- Jimenez sharp as Orioles' split squad beats Blue Jays 4-2
- No. 1 seed Maryland ousts Duke in regional semifinals 65-55
- A-Rod homers in Yankees' 10-2 loss to Orioles
- Tom Brady posts video of cliff jump
- Gonzaga headed to Elite Eight for 1st time since 1999
- Stone Commits to Maryland
- Aaron Hernandez fiancee discusses money, gun at murder trial
- Norris' strange spring continues for Orioles vs. Rays
- Notre Dame races by Wichita State 81-70 for Elite Eight spot
- Top-seeded Wisconsin hangs to beat North Carolina 79-72
- Former Comets Player Charged With Assault Over Head-butt
Dallas Cowboys LB McClain Convicted in Alabama
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 02:05 PM EDT
DECATUR, Ala. (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain has been convicted of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct in his hometown in Alabama.
A city court judge in Decatur convicted McClain on the misdemeanor counts during a non-jury trial Friday.
McClain appealed immediately to state court.
The 25-year-old was accused of yelling an obscenity at police trying to arrest him during a disturbance in a crowded city park in 2013.
The former Alabama Crimson Tide star maintained his innocence. He's been arrested three times in Decatur since 2011.
McClain tried to delay the trial so he could attend the start of NFL training camp this week, but a judge refused.
The Cowboys acquired the rights to McClain from Baltimore on July 1. He was the eighth overall pick by Oakland in 2010 but hasn't played since 2012.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.