- Notre Dame races by Wichita State 81-70 for Elite Eight spot
- Top-seeded Wisconsin hangs to beat North Carolina 79-72
- Former Comets Player Charged With Assault Over Head-butt
- Cabrera, Martinez and Cespedes homer for Tigers in win
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Aaron Hernandez trial resumes after courthouse bomb threat
- Norris strong for Blue Jays in 5-2 win over Orioles
- NFL: Change to Ineligible Receivers Outside Tackle Box
- Brown, Frese Earn WBCA Honors
- Prep Player of the Week - David Eisenhauer
- Maryland women advance to Sweet 16
- Williams Has 16, WVU Pounds Boards To Beat Maryland, 69-59
- Unbeaten Princeton Faces Stiff Test Vs Top-Seeded Maryland
- Two-Time MVP Steve Nash Announces Retirement From NBA
- Wieters Could Start Season on Disabled List
- Ravens RB Bernard Pierce Arrested for DUI in Towson & Released by Ravens
- Ravens Re-Sign DL Lawrence Guy
- Orioles Catcher Matt Wieters Bothered by Elbow Tendinitis
- Baltimore Ravens Re-Sign Chris Canty
- Wizards nearly blow 25-point lead
- Maryland women get No. 1 seed
- Maryland Gets 4 Seed and Heads To The Midwest in NCAA Tournament
- Duke earns top seed in South Regional, opens in Charlotte
- No. 1 Kentucky (34-0) beats No. 21 Arkansas for SEC tourney title
- Trice has 20 points, Michigan State tops No. 8 Maryland
- Ravens Sign Safety Kendrick Lewis
- Karns pitches 4 perfect innings as Rays beat Orioles 3-2
- Wells scores 22, No. 8 Maryland squeezes by Indiana 75-69
- Darian Stewart agrees to terms with Broncos
- Steelers, Roethlisberger agree on contract extension
- McFadden set to join Cowboys after Murray bolts for Eagles
- Woods to miss Bay Hill
- Short-handed Grizzlies no match for Wizards
- Former Oriole powers Cards past O's
- Ravens re-sign Forsett
- NASCAR reinstates Kurt Busch; grants him waiver for Chase
- Free agent Steelers LB Worilds tweets he's quitting NFL
- Ravens trade defensive tackle Haloti Ngata to Lions
- AP Source: WR Torrey Smith, 49ers Agree on 5-Year Deal
- Boys Basketball Regional Finals Results and Schedule
- Wizards blow out Hornets
- Pernell McPhee Leaving Baltimore Ravens for Chicago Bears
- No. 10 Maryland wins 7th game in row, 64-61 over Nebraska
- Torrey Smith Tweets and Blogs He's Leaving The Ravens
- No. 4 Maryland beats Ohio State 77-74 in Big Ten final
- William & Mary tops Hofstra 92-91 in 2 OT to reach CAA final
- Agent: Bills, McCoy agree to new $40 million contract
- Mauer, Escobar lead Twins over Orioles
- No. 4 Maryland downs No. 24 Northwestern 74-63 in semifinals
- No. 1 Wildcats aim to cap perfect regular season vs. Florida
Dallas Cowboys LB McClain Convicted in Alabama
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 02:05 PM EDT
DECATUR, Ala. (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain has been convicted of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct in his hometown in Alabama.
A city court judge in Decatur convicted McClain on the misdemeanor counts during a non-jury trial Friday.
McClain appealed immediately to state court.
The 25-year-old was accused of yelling an obscenity at police trying to arrest him during a disturbance in a crowded city park in 2013.
The former Alabama Crimson Tide star maintained his innocence. He's been arrested three times in Decatur since 2011.
McClain tried to delay the trial so he could attend the start of NFL training camp this week, but a judge refused.
The Cowboys acquired the rights to McClain from Baltimore on July 1. He was the eighth overall pick by Oakland in 2010 but hasn't played since 2012.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.