- Hamels strikes out 10, Rangers beat Orioles
- Redskins say QB Griffin to miss Ravens game
- LSU's Cameron treated for cancer, continuing job
- Beckman denies Illinois probe's findings, hints at lawsuit
- Jones leaves game, O's fail to split
- BIRDS BOUNCE BACK
- Next Man Up
- O's blow lead, lose 5th straight
- Patriots sign Reggie Wayne
- Yankees starter possibly done for year
- Orioles make four roster moved ahead of season opener
- Taliaferro Sprains MCL
- Eagles, NFL disagree over hit on Sam Bradford's knees
- Tiger back at the top
- Skins QB Griffin leaves with stinger, possible head injury
- Urrutia HR in 9th inning gives Orioles 5-4 win over Mets
- Ravens End First Practice in Philly
- 'Deflategate' judge says Brady suspension in jeopardy
- Orioles use 26-hit attack to beat Athletics 18-2
- Davis Crushes Again, O's Walkoff Winners
- Manager Farrell visits team Saturday morning
- Storm suspends 2nd-round play at PGA
- University of Maryland assistant resigns after allegation
- Flacco sharp, Brees absent as Ravens beat Saints 30-27
- Ravens Lead Saints at Halftime, 20-14
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Seattle's Hisashi Iwakuma has no-hitter through 8 innings
- Baltimore Ravens face New Orleans Saints in preseason opener
- NFL reviewing Jets' locker room punch of quarterback Smith
- Talks continue after 'Deflategate' hearing
- Michael Phelps back on top as focus turns to Rio Olympics
- Under Armour to sponsor NBA's draft combine
- Ravens WR Steve Smith Sr. to retire at end of 2015 season
- Murphy drives in 4 runs in Angels' 5-4 win over O's in 11
- Frank Gifford Dies
- Urban Out with Torn Biceps for the Ravens
- Joint practice ends after Redskins, Texans start brawling
- Orioles Recall Lake; DFA Snider
- South Dakota tribe returning $25,000 donation from Redskins
- Webb Tells Teams to 'Bring It'
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel: 'Football is my life'
- Harbaugh: 'We knew nothing about deflated footballs'
- Ravens safety Matt Elam out for season with biceps tear
- Ravens' Harbaugh concerned about injury to safety Matt Elam
- Ravens TE Crockett Gillmore 1-on-1 with Morgan Adsit
- Ravens Waiting on Elam's MRI Results
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1
- Rousey crushes Correia to defend her title at UFC 190
- Joseph, Machado HRs help Orioles defeat Tigers 6-2
- Ravens Add Pads In Third Day Of Training Camp
Orioles Trade For Catcher Nick Hundley
Updated: Saturday, May 24 2014, 05:13 PM EDT
The Orioles today announced that they have acquired CA NICK HUNDLEY and cash considerations from the San Diego Padres in exchange for LHP TROY PATTON. The Orioles have also recalled INF STEVE LOMBARDOZZI from Triple-A Norfolk for today’s game against Cleveland.
Hundley, 30, batted .271 (16-59) with a homer and three RBI in 33 games for the Padres. Over seven seasons with the Padres, Hundley is a career .238 hitter (392-1644) with 47 homers and 195 RBI in 510 games. In 467 major league games behind the plate, he has a .990 fielding percentage and has thrown out 130 of 470 runners attempting to steal (28 percent).
Patton, 28, was 0-1 with a 8.10 ERA (6.2IP, 6ER) in nine games for the Orioles. Over five seasons with the Orioles, Patton was 5-2 with a 3.26 ERA (149.0IP, 54ER) in 140 games.
Lombardozzi, 25, has batted .292 (21-72) with two RBI in 19 games with the Orioles in 2014. He batted .294 (20-68) with eight RBI in 17 games for Norfolk. In 276 career major league games, he has batted .266 with five homers and 52 RBI.