- AP source: Phillies hire MacPhail as team president
- Orioles hit 3 HRs and beat Indians 8-0 for sweep
- LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent
- Jimenez sharp for 8 innings as Orioles beat Indians 4-0
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals
- Scherzer working on 2nd straight no-hitter, perfect thru 5
- Ryne Sandberg resigns as Philadelphia Phillies manager
- Mayweather-Pacquiao boosts casino winnings above $1 billion
- T'Wolves Select Karl-Anthony Towns With First Pick
- Orioles Win Another Series
- O's Gonzalez Reinstated From Disabled List
- Virginia wins 1st CWS title in 4-2 win over Vanderbilt
- Japan Beats the Netherlands to Reach World Cup Quarterfinal
- Scherzer Loses Perfect Game in 9th, No Hits Pirates
- O's Score 3 in the 9th, Even Series
- O's Almost No-Hit, Rally Falls Short
- A-Rod Homers for 3,000th Hit
- Jason Day Collapses During U.S. Open
- The "Big 33" Football Classic
- Phillies End 9-Game Slide, Beat O's
- Ravens to stay on West Coast after facing Broncos, 49ers
- Ravens Offensive Line Stays The Same
- Obama phones coaches of Warriors, Blackhawks with congrats
- The Latest: Warriors' Iguodala voted MVP of NBA Finals
- Chen Tosses 8 Scoreless in Win
- Hornets Trade Stephenson to Clippers
- Eight Royals Could Start in All-Star Game
- Report: Nuggets Hire Mike Malone
- Padres Fire Bud Black
- Bad 5th Inning Snaps O's Win Streak
- A-Rod Enters Rare 2,000 RBI Club
- Machado HR, 4 RBIs carry Orioles to 9-4 win over Yankees
- Triple Crown winner American Pharoah takes parade lap
- Orioles Release Cabrera
- Orioles beat Yankees 11-3 for 5th straight win
- USA 0-0 Draw with Sweden
- Fan hit by broken bat at Fenway released from hospital
- O's Earn First Sweep
- Miguel Gonzalez Placed on D.L.
- Eagles release two-time Pro Bowl guard Mathis
- Blatter spokesman De Gregorio to leave FIFA immediately
- Dylan Bundy Back on the Disabled List
- Cavs beat Warriors 96-91, take 2-1 series lead
- O's Draft D.J. Stewart in 1st Round
- U.S. Women Win Opening Match
- Triple Crown winner burned up last quarter-mile in Belmont
- Norris Gets Wins In Return Over Indians 7-3
- Truex breaks through at Pocono for 1st win since 2013
- Plans are in works for American Pharoah's next start
- Triple Crown winner American Pharoah quietly returns home
Ray Rice Apologizes to Bisciotti, Newsome, Harbaugh and Fans
Updated: Friday, May 23 2014, 04:41 PM EDT
Baltimore Ravens RB Ray Rice started off his first press conference since his arrest for alleged assault of his then-fiance by apologizing. His apologies went to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, General Manager Ozzie Newsome, Coach John Harbaugh and his fans.
He also apologized to "the kids and everyone who was affected by this situation."
"Sometimes in life you will fail," Rice said. "But I won't call myself a failure. Failure is not getting knocked down, its not getting up."
His wife, Janay, sat beside him and at the end of the conference remarked;
"Thank you for all of those who have supported us. I do deeply regret the role that I played in the incident that night. We are continuing to strengthen our relationship...I love Ray and I know he will continue to prove himself...and know he will gain your respect back in due time."
Rice choked up during the short remarks and said, "I want you to know that I'm still the Ray Rice that you know, or used to know, or have grown to love. I'm still the same guy."
On February 15th police in Atlantic City arrested Rice after he was accused of assaulting his then-fiancee Janay. A grand jury later indicted him on a more serious charge. The two have since married.
Video obtained by TMZ Sports showed Rice attempting to drag an unconscious Janay off an elevator inside an Atlantic City Casino. Prosecutors confirmed there was other video of the incident presumably from inside the elevator.
Earlier this month Rice entered a not-guilty plea to third degree aggravated assault.
Rice was accepted into the Pre Trial Intervention Program earlier this week. If Rice successfully completes the program it would result in the charge against him being dropped and his record expunged.