- Bubba Watson to remove Confederate flag from 'General Lee'
- Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0
- D.J. Stewart Makes Professional Debut
- Chargers Tight End Antonio Gates Suspended 4 Games
- Cowboys' McClain suspended 1st 4 games of regular season
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi
- O's DFA Young; Recall Wilson
- D.J. Stewart to Debut Thursday
- Navy Football No Longer Independent
- Former Raven Damion Cook dies of heart attack
- AP source: Phillies hire MacPhail as team president
- Orioles hit 3 HRs and beat Indians 8-0 for sweep
- LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent
- Jimenez sharp for 8 innings as Orioles beat Indians 4-0
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals
- Scherzer working on 2nd straight no-hitter, perfect thru 5
- Ryne Sandberg resigns as Philadelphia Phillies manager
- Mayweather-Pacquiao boosts casino winnings above $1 billion
- T'Wolves Select Karl-Anthony Towns With First Pick
- Orioles Win Another Series
- O's Gonzalez Reinstated From Disabled List
- Virginia wins 1st CWS title in 4-2 win over Vanderbilt
- Japan Beats the Netherlands to Reach World Cup Quarterfinal
- Scherzer Loses Perfect Game in 9th, No Hits Pirates
- O's Score 3 in the 9th, Even Series
- O's Almost No-Hit, Rally Falls Short
- A-Rod Homers for 3,000th Hit
- Jason Day Collapses During U.S. Open
- The "Big 33" Football Classic
- Phillies End 9-Game Slide, Beat O's
- Ravens to stay on West Coast after facing Broncos, 49ers
- Ravens Offensive Line Stays The Same
- Obama phones coaches of Warriors, Blackhawks with congrats
- The Latest: Warriors' Iguodala voted MVP of NBA Finals
- Chen Tosses 8 Scoreless in Win
- Hornets Trade Stephenson to Clippers
- Eight Royals Could Start in All-Star Game
- Report: Nuggets Hire Mike Malone
- Padres Fire Bud Black
- Bad 5th Inning Snaps O's Win Streak
- A-Rod Enters Rare 2,000 RBI Club
- Machado HR, 4 RBIs carry Orioles to 9-4 win over Yankees
- Triple Crown winner American Pharoah takes parade lap
- Orioles Release Cabrera
- Orioles beat Yankees 11-3 for 5th straight win
- USA 0-0 Draw with Sweden
- Fan hit by broken bat at Fenway released from hospital
- O's Earn First Sweep
- Miguel Gonzalez Placed on D.L.
- Eagles release two-time Pro Bowl guard Mathis
The Ambrose Legacy Continues, at Towson University
Updated: Friday, December 6 2013, 05:43 PM EST
In just his fifth season at Towson University Rob Ambrose has one of the top FCS programs in the county. With a father who was a hall of famer in Maryland High School Football circles, it's the family business.
Rob is one of two sons of retired Maryland high school hall of fame coach Tim Ambrose.
"A lot of people ask me if I miss it, I miss not coaching kids," Tim said. "But you know I get to know some kids here…I don't want to coach anymore. I'm 64 years old. I just want to get to enjoy the games and fortunately my kids are coaching and it's pretty good deal for someone who coached high school you know for 40 some years."
And those kids are making a name for themselves.
Head coach Rob Ambrose, after 4 seasons at Towson, has two CAA Championships and the program's first trip to the NCAA FCS playoffs. And Jared Ambrose is today the offensive coordinator of one of the most explosive offenses in college football, working alongside his brother.
Their father is a part of the team - in meetings, on the sidelines and even on team trips. Supportive father first, but the coach in him does step in.
"I don't get real excited when they score and I don't get real upset when they turn the ball over," Tim said, adding "After the Delaware game I told him a couple of things that I thought were true and he didn't want to hear them, but I'm his father. I'm going to tell him exactly what I think…I'm not going to do anything to cause them heartache or put more pressure on them than they already have. I'm just not going to do that. I coached for 41 years. And i just know how head coaches think. You don't need that coming from your father."