- Jones, Machado HRs rally Orioles past Tigers 8-7
- O's Trade Tommy Hunter to Cubs
- Orioles agree to get Parra from Brewers for minor leaguer
- O's Winning Streak Halted Despite Rally
- 'Cheaters look up' banner flown above Patriots training camp
- Day One Of Ravens Training Camp
- Ravens Vets Report
- Belichick says Brady suspension won't alter camp
- Tom Brady on NFL's decision to uphold suspension: 'I did nothing wrong'
- Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- O's Snap Losing Streak
- USMNT Loses Third-Place Game
- Kershaw Continues Historic Stretch
- O's Swept in New York
- Zach Johnson Wins The Open Championship in Playoff
- Dempsey's 3 goals lift US over Cuba 6-0, into Gold Cup semis
- Weather Gets the Britiish Open Again
- Martinez hits 26th homer, Tigers beat Orioles 7-3
- Watson crosses Swilcan Bridge for final time
- Dustin Johnson still in control at St. Andrews
- Johnson Leads the Open Championship
- Banowsky stepping down was C-USA commissioner after 13 years
- Coppin State's Epps to Pan-Am Games
- Orioles LHP Wesley Wright designated for assignment
- All-Star Starting Pitchers Announced
- Maryland's Trimble Named to U.S. Pan Am Team
- Scherzer allows 4 hits as Nationals beat Orioles 3-2
- Djkokovic beats Federer in 4 sets for 3rd Wimbledon title
- Harper, Espinosa HRs carry Nationals over Orioles 7-4
- Williams wins Wimbledon to secure another Serena Slam
- Schoop's 9th-inning HR carries Orioles past Nationals 3-2
- Cowboys' Hardy gets suspension reduced from 10 games to 4
- NYC celebrates Women's World Cup winners with parade
- Goodell says Tom Brady appeal decision soon
- Former Raider QB Kenny Stabler Passes Away
- Williams beats Sharapova in 2 sets to reach Wimbledon final
- DJ Stewart Settling In with Ironbirds
- Rory McIlroy pulls out of British Open
- Four Orioles Selected to All-Star Game
- Lloyd scores 3 and US defeats Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- USA Up 4-0 On Japan Just 16 Minutes In
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox
- Orioles activate second baseman Jonathan Schoop
- Boston's David Ortiz starting at 1st base
- Bud Norris Demoted To O's Bullpen
- Matt Stonie beats Joey Chestnut to win Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Danks, Abreu lead White Sox over Orioles 1-0
- Bubba Watson to remove Confederate flag from 'General Lee'
- Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0
- D.J. Stewart Makes Professional Debut
US Says Jozy Altidore Available to Play vs Belgium
Updated: Tuesday, July 1 2014, 12:24 PM EDT
SALVADOR, Brazil (AP) - Jozy Altidore is available to play for the United States in Tuesday's World Cup second-round game against Belgium, but it does not appear the forward is ready to return to the starting lineup.
Altidore strained his left hamstring in the Americans' opener against Ghana on June 16 and didn't play in their next two games.
"We don't know how much because we need to see how he's going, but he's available," U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said Monday. "How many minutes? We will see that during the game."
Altidore had been working out on his own, jogging around the field at the Americans' training camp at Sao Paulo Futebol Clube. Klinsmann said he has to determine "how much work is in his legs."
Aron Johannsson replaced Altidore at forward for the remainder of the game against Ghana. But Klinsmann switched from a 4-4-2 formation to a 4-5-1 against Portugal and Germany with a fifth midfielder instead of a second forward.
Altidore has 23 goals in 71 international appearances and is the top forward on the American roster.
"Just having him with us tomorrow is huge," Klinsmann said.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.