- With RG3 out, Redskins use 2 QBs to beat Ravens 31-13
- Falcons announce 5-year contract extension for Julio Jones
- Redskins' Trent Williams tweets he's agreed to new contract
- Hamels strikes out 10, Rangers beat Orioles
- Redskins say QB Griffin to miss Ravens game
- LSU's Cameron treated for cancer, continuing job
- Beckman denies Illinois probe's findings, hints at lawsuit
- Jones leaves game, O's fail to split
- BIRDS BOUNCE BACK
- Next Man Up
- O's blow lead, lose 5th straight
- Patriots sign Reggie Wayne
- Yankees starter possibly done for year
- Orioles make four roster moved ahead of season opener
- Taliaferro Sprains MCL
- Eagles, NFL disagree over hit on Sam Bradford's knees
- Tiger back at the top
- Skins QB Griffin leaves with stinger, possible head injury
- Urrutia HR in 9th inning gives Orioles 5-4 win over Mets
- Ravens End First Practice in Philly
- 'Deflategate' judge says Brady suspension in jeopardy
- Orioles use 26-hit attack to beat Athletics 18-2
- Davis Crushes Again, O's Walkoff Winners
- Manager Farrell visits team Saturday morning
- Storm suspends 2nd-round play at PGA
- University of Maryland assistant resigns after allegation
- Flacco sharp, Brees absent as Ravens beat Saints 30-27
- Ravens Lead Saints at Halftime, 20-14
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Seattle's Hisashi Iwakuma has no-hitter through 8 innings
- Baltimore Ravens face New Orleans Saints in preseason opener
- NFL reviewing Jets' locker room punch of quarterback Smith
- Talks continue after 'Deflategate' hearing
- Michael Phelps back on top as focus turns to Rio Olympics
- Under Armour to sponsor NBA's draft combine
- Ravens WR Steve Smith Sr. to retire at end of 2015 season
- Murphy drives in 4 runs in Angels' 5-4 win over O's in 11
- Frank Gifford Dies
- Urban Out with Torn Biceps for the Ravens
- Joint practice ends after Redskins, Texans start brawling
- Orioles Recall Lake; DFA Snider
- South Dakota tribe returning $25,000 donation from Redskins
- Webb Tells Teams to 'Bring It'
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel: 'Football is my life'
- Harbaugh: 'We knew nothing about deflated footballs'
- Ravens safety Matt Elam out for season with biceps tear
- Ravens' Harbaugh concerned about injury to safety Matt Elam
- Ravens TE Crockett Gillmore 1-on-1 with Morgan Adsit
- Ravens Waiting on Elam's MRI Results
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1
US Says Jozy Altidore Available to Play vs Belgium
Updated: Tuesday, July 1 2014, 12:24 PM EDT
SALVADOR, Brazil (AP) - Jozy Altidore is available to play for the United States in Tuesday's World Cup second-round game against Belgium, but it does not appear the forward is ready to return to the starting lineup.
Altidore strained his left hamstring in the Americans' opener against Ghana on June 16 and didn't play in their next two games.
"We don't know how much because we need to see how he's going, but he's available," U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said Monday. "How many minutes? We will see that during the game."
Altidore had been working out on his own, jogging around the field at the Americans' training camp at Sao Paulo Futebol Clube. Klinsmann said he has to determine "how much work is in his legs."
Aron Johannsson replaced Altidore at forward for the remainder of the game against Ghana. But Klinsmann switched from a 4-4-2 formation to a 4-5-1 against Portugal and Germany with a fifth midfielder instead of a second forward.
Altidore has 23 goals in 71 international appearances and is the top forward on the American roster.
"Just having him with us tomorrow is huge," Klinsmann said.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.